Monday, August 27, 2012

The First Week

The first week back to school was full of rules and procedures, and rules and procedures, and even more rules and procedures. This is my 3rd year in the Media Center and I love knowing most of the kids coming in. I loved meeting new faces coming into our school as well. The kids are very eager to check out books and start Reading Counts (both are coming soon).

I gave all classes a tour of the new and improved media center and the general consensus was that the media center is MUCH better in the new arrangement.

This week we will be reviewing the rules and procedures, going thoroughly over checkout procedures so the students can start checking out next week. I can't wait to start talking with them about the books they get, finding out their new interests, and watching the Reading Counts points soar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment